Making Love With Her Ego

The ramblings of a young woman who if she were a man, she'd be a DANDY.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Sigh

I resisted as long as I could. Really I did. But I am now the owner of three pairs of skinny jeans. 3 Dammit! This makes me unhappy on several different levels. How could I be so weak? I was the loudest contester of these jeans for quite a while.
They only look good on tall skinny girls. They make your legs looks short and stubby. They are too trendy, they will be out of fashion in a New York minute. They are too eighties! YUCK!
These are all things that I have said repeatedly. But then I went to Hem. Hem is a jeans mecca. It is the most wonderful store I have ever been to. The ladies that own it are just so lovely, and so helpful, you'd feel guilty if you didn't buy anything. I guarantee there is a pair of jeans at Hem that will make your life complete. I am warning you now though, You have to be prepared to spend a fair amount of cash to get the perfect pair of jeans. Luckily, I was with my sister ("Spend" is her mantra) and my birthday was right around the corner. Anyway, so I am this magic store and I spy a shelf of skinny jeans. I say, "What the fuck, I'm going to try some on." I grab a pair of People's Liberation jeans, try them on and lo and behold; It's like a revelation. The stupid skinny jeans look AMAZING. My legs, rather than looking short and stubby, look loooong and streamlined. My ass (not that it needed any help) looked phenomenal! From then on, I was fucking hooked. I went to Target and bought some on sale for 12.99. Then yesterday I went to Old Navy and bought these for 25 bucks. I feel like a phony. But I still have convictions. I draw the line at leggings or dresses over pants.


And hey, at least I'm not wearing gauchos.







3 Comments:

Blogger kendra said...

is'nt it funny how we try to buck these trends at first and then find ouselves guiltily indulging? unfortunatly skinny jeans make me look like i have an inner tube middle and stick legs. HOT. i won't do leggings but i did recently fall in love with the dress over pants. oh how i hate myself...

12:32 AM  
Blogger Leticia said...

better than gauchos! you can pull off the dress over pants, I just can't do it. (cut to me wearing dress over pants next week)

2:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip Letty Loo. I need some prefect jeans like mad. I never wear them, because I HATE trying them on. It makes me sad.

I do the dress over pants, BECAUSE I don't have good jeans. Not really because I think it's cool...that's not REALLY my look.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home